Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sunder: Day 37

Worked at the office for two hours tonight.  Rene was here and we chatted briefly as I set up in the Sales Office.  I'm not sure what he thinks of me coming in here like this night after night.  I know he's curious about my writing, but he hasn't pressed me like some people do.  Like last night I got off to a late start because I had laundry to do when I got home and that takes some time.  But it's just as well because it gave me time to actually cook some supper (pan-seared pork chops with roasted vegetables--yum!) as opposed to microwaving something out of a bag or pouring boiling water over Raman noodles.

Still working on fine-tuning the events of the murder and subsequent investigation I've been discussing for the last a few days.  I'm going to stop giving estimates on when this will be done because clearly I have no idea when that will be.  I don't feel like I'm spinning my wheels, though, so that's a good thing.  Important forward progress is being made which is an indication that a milestone is coming up sometime in the near future.

When your hobby stops being your hobby and starts becoming your passion, you can very easily get lost in the fine details.  At this point, the fine details fascinate me.  I have never had to think this deeply about a piece of background material before.  The feeling is new, like I'm breaking new ground, cutting new paths.  Not sure if they're the right paths, but then, as Roberson Davies said, "much work is done before hard lessons are learned."  Maybe this is the hard lesson I was meant to learn.

Physio went well today.  The therapist gave me a few new exercises to do at home, but I sense the end of our time together is coming fast.  Maybe another two or three visits before he'll declare me fit for duty again.  I can't wait.  I've gained so much weight not being able to properly exercise (more than I usually carry) that it's getting frustrating.

It's 10 PM now and I have an early day ahead of me so I will pack up for now and get back to it again tomorrow night.  We'll see what unfolds for Niemeier and Malmburgh then.

No comments:

Post a Comment