Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sunder: Day 32

Productivity was down a touch tonight because I picked up my new laptop after work and I had to install a few big things before I could get going.  Microsoft Office 2010 was the most important and took the longest.  After that, I had some trouble finding a wireless network I could connect to.  The password to the office wireless network didn't work the first two times I tried it even though I entered the password correctly.  Third time was the charm, I guess.  Then I needed to update Messenger and that took another ten minutes.  Then a colleague working the late shift in Support came by and chatted me up for a while.  By the time I got myself settled and ready to write, it was almost eight o'clock.

I did manage to write a couple paragraphs each about a murderer and his victim that I mentioned in yesterday's post.  I was also able to get down a few facts about the setting--a corporate space station.  I jotted down ideas about where the victim lived so I would have a sense of the larger community within the station and how people live in that environment.  For instance,  an individual could get ward-style, semi-private or private accommodations depending on the corporado he or she works for and the kind of work they are hire to perform. 

Going to finish up these notes tomorrow night and then get back to work on polishing the synopsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment