Monday, November 15, 2010

Sunder: Day 30

This was my first full night of writing in more than two months--maybe even three months. 

After having been out of the game for so long it felt good to be back at the keyboard with my imagination rolling.  I worked on some background material for a court scene that appears early in Sunder's First Movement.  Friday night I struggled to outline that scene and its outcome in the synopsis, going over it again and again with dissatisfying results.  I let it sit for the weekend and came back to it tonight.  It became clear to me that I couldn't describe the court scene for the synopsis without understanding the murder and some of the associated investigation, handled by Niemeier and Malmburgh.  I spent most of this evening writing out a summary of the murder and a brief, step-by-step outline of how Niemeier and Malmburgh brought the case to trial. 

Now I have a stage on which to let Niemeier's personal problems complicate matters and land him in hot water with his partner, his supervisors and the Office of the General Prosecutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment