Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sunder: Day 15

Much work done on Colbrit Niemeier's crisis of conscience that has ended in his fall from grace.  I had been writing him for two weeks with little more than a vague notion of the personal torment that fuels him.  Now I am able put my finger on the moment that things went south for him and trace that event backwards through time to his own actions years previous that set the whole terrible series of events in motion.  No word count for tonight since I was working solely in my notebook, but everything that came to the surface will find its way into "Sunder".

This breakthrough with Colbrit came out of a small exercise I was doing trying to understand the larger setting of his world.  It shows once again that the imagination works in wonderful ways.  If you're stuck, let it develop ideas at its own pace (not the one you want to set for it) and you might be surprised at the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment