Friday, May 21, 2010

Sunder: Day 10

"That wasn't violence, Crane, you piss." Colbrit shook dust off his hand. Blood trickled down warm and sticky between his fingers from torn skin across his knuckles. He balled his fist again. "That was preamble."
-- Colbrit Niemeier, "Sunder"

Left tonight's session with a deep feeling of accomplishment and an excellent sense for where to begin Chapter 2--or restart it, depending how you look at it.  This is not to say last night's work was a waste of time (I can still use the vast majority of it), just that what I did tonight has given me better material.  I continue to feel excited about what I'm doing.  It's like drawing in a chain: one link leads to the next, leads to the next and so on.  Consistency seems to be making it easier and easier to get into the zone and really produce worthwhile writing.

One more night and I can take a few nights off.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the excitement. Your excerpt is a stellar. Write on!

    (And thank you, for your kind words on my piece today. xx)

    ReplyDelete