Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunder: Day 12

I prefer not to write on the weekends, but since I played hooky on Friday I needed to make up the time.  Wrote for a couple hours in the morning, but it was a stop-start effort, sputtering along like a car with water in its gas.  After lunch I watched the season finale of Fringe and then had a nap (read: I slept like a fallen log.) and got back to writing after supper with much better results--1747 words.

Work injected itself into my long weekend.  About half an hour after I finished writing, R.V. sent me a message.  "Are you there?"  Should have ignored him and gone to bed.  Better yet, should have set my Messenger status to Away or Appear offline (even better).  We spent two hours testing and retesting the deposit requirement calculation on customer Move-In service orders.  We were both remotely logged into the Ottawa office, he from his home in Gatineau and me from my parents' home in Cornwall, both of us sending status updates and testing results through MSN messenger.  Telecommuting at its finest.  We made some progress so it was a worthwhile exercise, but I'm going to ignore work messages for the rest of the long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment