Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sunder: Day 67

Been a busy couple of days at work and it's encroaching on my writing time a little.  I still made time to write this week but I haven't bothered to update anything here because there hasn't been any developments worth noting.  There is a scene I am working on that takes place in NYC about 500 years in the future and since I have never been there and won't have the time or the funds to travel there any time soon I have been doing a lot of peripheral research on some key locations in that great city--key locations to the story, not necessarily key tourist places. 

It's been fun.  I've been using Google Maps to get familiar with some of the landmarks and major streets that I figure will still be there in 500 years.  I've been looking up those places in Flickr.com to get a sense of place so I can get some of the details right...or at least some of the details that I will adjust forward in time.  The Empire State Building.  The old Fuller Building (or Flatiron Buiding) in the Flatiron District.  Madison Square Park.  Google's Street View has been a huge help, too.

Finally got to sit down and do some actual writing tonight so I'm happy with that, even though I'm knocking off a bit early.  I got 1500 words down, but I can't stop yawning and my eyes are starting to water so that's a sign that this writer is running out of steam.  Shut it down for tonight and get back to it tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment