Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sunder: Day 63

It's been pretty awful weather all day.  Started out with snow and ice pellets this morning and it went straight downhill to rain just before lunch.  There is so much rainfall expected this weekend that Environment Canada has been broadcasting flood warning for low lying areas in my region due to the vast amount of runoff from meltwater and rain.  The danger is not just from the rivers and streams bursting their banks, but the actual roadways since so many storm drains have been buried under snow banks and frozen over.  I hit a particularly wide and deep patch of flooding tonight on my way here.  Nothing happened except quite the wall of water flying up from my fenders (thank God for those Michelin HydroEdge tires!) but it's still a stern warning from Mother Nature: "Slow down!"

Did some running around this morning to pick up some groceries for the week.  Roasted a chicken tonight and I picked up a top sirloin roast for tomorrow.  Also picked up a salmon steak and a couple pork chops for midweek.  Going to use some of the leftover chicken in a couple pasta dishes that I have recipes for.  Along with the veggies and a few canned goods I have everything I need to take me through until next pay day.  Buying all fresh stuff means I avoided having to pay HST on a lot of things.  I love stickin' it to The Man!

I began working on the second part of the prologue tonight.  I mentioned in an earlier post how I was reworking some old ideas--specifically the ideas surrounding the murder of Helen Echols.  I cemented the new ideas in my mind, but I'm reserving them strictly as background and what the reader will experience is the homicide investigation led by Niemeier and Malmburg for which I also have some general ideas.  My goal for tomorrow night is to plot out roughly how that investigation will unfold and what seeds to plant for the rest of the novel.

For now, off to bed and to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment