Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunder: Day 64

Beautiful day, but cold this morning.  The tires were frozen solid and spun out a few times on the raised ice patches that have formed on the streets like scabs.  I need to get proper winter tires because clearly the all-seasons aren't cutting it in this kind of weather, but not until the fall.  This close to Spring it would be a waste of money.

Had a good day at work.  Managed to get a letter print/mail merge process working that I have always had trouble with.  The trouble stemmed from unfamiliarity, but now that I've got it down pat, I can update several of my test scripts with this new process and extend the reach of the testing program.  Woo hoo!

Had a good night of writing.  I worked on the second part of the prologue which introduces Det. Colbrit Niemeier.  I started laying out this part of the prologue with the discovery of Helen Echols' body and the start of the investigation into her homicide.  I had a bunch of good ideas, some of which I was unable to get down because I'm knocking off early again, but they'll keep until tomorrow.  I don't want to make a habit of oversleeping so if it means I have to start at six instead of seven or put in an hour or so less...well, so be it.  The day job is the only one paying the bills at the moment so it deserves the lion's share of my energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment