Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sunder: Day 66

It's snowing like hell outside.  It's the first week of March and it's snowing like hell outside.  I shouldn't sound so dumbfounded: this is Canada after all.  I've seen it snow in April.  I've heard tell of it even snow as late as early May on cold evenings.  My problem with this particular snow is that it is coming down with all the enthusiasm of a December storm.  The city's plows have been up and down the street outside the office twice in the two hours I've been working on Sunder.  That can't be good.

I'm tired of Winter.  I'm tired of being cold and I'm tired of all the white.  And it's not even all white either.  The crusty banks along the roads, so tall and proud now, have crusty bases the colour of black coffee about six inches up from the road and they start to pale as you climb upward from there.  There's sand and salt and grit everywhere, including in the foyer of my apartment.  I have to vacuum the mat at the entry way nearly every other day and, being a bachelor with better things to do, you can see why I hate Winter more and more as the season deepens.  Ugh.  Or Brr.  Sigh...

Work went well on Sunder tonight. 
  • There is a big body of water that encircles the Laurence-Freemantle city-station (nicknamed The Wheel by its residents) and I plotted out where Echols body is discovered and named a few of the smaller bodies of water near the discovery site.
  • Dug through some of my old notes and made corrections to the ME's name and sex.
  • Looked up some information about Manhattan Island's famous neighbourhoods for use in an upcoming scene.
  • Niemeier and his partner are getting deeper into their investigation along with Hercus and Purnell, Detectives 3rd Grade who round out their investigation squad.
I don't want to give too much away in this blog, but I will say that I'm pleased with the way things are unfolding.  I am cautiously optimistic that this work will actually stick and become something other people will find entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment