Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sunder: Day 49

More historical notes tonight dealing with the first decades of mankind's commercialization of space.  According to the experts I've read orbital research labs and space tourism will lead the way in the early days so, trying to keep things realistic at this stage, I have modeled the first few decades of our future history on their ideas.  I also managed to write a few paragraphs for the novel's prologue.  I had intended to write a few notes about the prologue's setting, but things seemed to develop naturally into prose so I went with it. 

Writing is getting easier.  I noted a few weeks ago how it is always difficult to get anything worthwhile done after a long absence from the keyboard.  Staying dedicated these last three weeks has gotten my imagination back into useful shape for writing.  It doesn't take as long to get focussed and I remain focussed for longer periods of time.  The other improvement I have noticed is that fresh ideas are coming to the surface more easily all the time.  I'm pleased about this, but then what writer wouldn't be?

No comments:

Post a Comment