Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sunder: Day 45

It amazes me how much detailed background material a story like Sunder can generate.  Tonight I started a historical background piece called "The Ten Stones" based on an idea that my writing partner and I have been talking about for the better part of a year (or more).  Events that underly the opening sequence of Sunder are tied historically to the ideas he and I have talked about in "The Ten Stones" and I wanted to capture 4 or 5 pages of ideas.  Didn't get quite that many, but I'm off to a good start and should be able to get a lot done tomorrow.  (It always takes a while to get started when organizing your ideas.  At least I find it does for me.) 

Productive day at the office.  Managed to complete another set of release notes--that's 3 this week.  The backlog is shrinking.  Professional Services and Support catered a breakfast for the company today and it was quite a spread.  Eggs (scrambled or western omelete), sausage, bacon, homefries and hashbrowns, pancakes, french toast, fruit...you name it.  It was like getting punched in the mouth by delicious. 

Housework tomorrow. :(  Laundry.  Cleaning.  Yuck.  But if I can get that done in the morning I'll have time in the afternoon to do some Christmas shopping and maybe have some time in the evening to do some writing.  Sunday will be spent at K's house smoking cigars, drinking whisky eating meat and "talking story".  I love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment