Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunder: Day 47

After an amazing Sunday session with K., I've decided to hold off a little longer on writing the prologue and first movement of Sunder despite the success I had on Saturday night.  We spent almost all of our Sunday session talking about historical events that backdrop our respective parts of the saga and I want to firm up as much of that as I can while it is still fresh in my mind.  The look and feel of the future in our novels will depend on getting the details right (and consistent).  Having decided that, I spent two hours tonight working up more historical notes.  "How much longer?" you ask.  I don't know.  In the two hours that I worked I probably spent half of it spinning my wheels and recovering from false starts.  My thinking took me in the direction of space tourism (which is already on the rise with the well-documented efforts of Sir Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic) which then led into thoughts on the industrialization of space.  I'll work on this until I've got some reasonable amount of history in place that K. and I are both in agreement on.

No comments:

Post a Comment