Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sunder: Day 48

More work on background notes, but I got a little bogged down.  I think I may be falling into an old trap: focussing on the fine details instead of the broad strokes.  When I wrote raw draft for Sunder's synopsis, I worried about big events and major plot lines without concerning myself with "getting everything right" on the first pass.  I cleaned things up in subsequent revisions (a process which I am still working on).  With tonight's work I found myself worrying about things like dates and times and names for orbital research companies.  I shouldn't be concerned with that now.  Tomorrow night I'm going to get back to basics and write point form notes about the progression of events from early space colonization all the way up to the return of The Ten Stones then I'll hand that off to K. and get his feedback then worry about filling in gaps and making corrections.

Work at the office is going well.  I finished more release notes today and I updated the key value reference with eight more entries.  The devs and the support analysts will be pleased to hear that.  Did a bit of Christmas shopping after work as well--picked up the deluxe Blu-Ray version of Inception for my brother-in-law.  Even got the special spin-top key chain.  I hope he likes it.

Slept fairly well last night and I was in a much better mood with my co-workers this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment