Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunder: Day 55

Managed to get about 2 hours' work done tonight, but I'm not in my usual spot so I'm a little off my game.  The execs have been having their quarterly strategic review for the last two weeks so that means all-day pow-wows that have extended long into the evening.  Where I would normally set up to write--the spare office reserved for our visiting remote salesmen--has been occupied by the VP of Sales.  I'm stuck in the empty cube one up from my daytime work station.  I am usually ensconsed behind a nice wide desk in a darkened office with a desk lamp burning over the laptop, but tonight I was under garish flourescent office lighting in a creaky old chair that passed its mandatory age of retirement a long time ago.  The only saving grace is that my section of the office was far removed from where all the executive meetings were taking place.

I'm packing it in a bit early tonight because I have long day ahead of me tomorrow and I'll need my energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment