Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sunder: Day 52

After a longer than expected Christmas-slash-New Year's break, I am back at the laptop and writing.  I started last night, actually, but I can't count it since I got absolutely nothing done.  Tonight got off to a slowish start, but the pace picked up considerably once I had a cup of coffee in me and the cleaning crew left the office.  It was a stressful work day so I am grateful for the chance to have produced something somewhere in the orbit of "creative".

I was looking at the notes I made for the first part of Sunder's prologue, but I wasn't satisfied with them at all looking at them next to the second part.  The first segment was just too passive and didn't build any of the mystery surrounding the main characters or any of the major events that start the ball rolling in the first movement so I reworked them and came up with something different.  Definitely an improvement, but I'll have to see how the thing works in the whole before I decide if I'm going to keep it or make further changes.

"You have to write down what you're going to throw away.  You know you have to go through at least ten versions before you can see how it works in the whole." (Leonard Cohen)

It's 11 PM now and I'm tired.  This is enough for one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment