Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Milestone: An Outline for "Cool Water"

I now have an outline for the first of Charlotte's "Cool Water" stories. I've been struggling with this one for quite a few months, never finding the right plot or characters, but I had a breakthrough on the drive home last night. When I left Ottawa, I started talking it out in the simplest of terms and by the time I got to Cornwall I had half the story worked out in my head. I finished the other half of the outline this afternoon. I think the most important achievement is getting an outline that I am confident I can work with. There are five movements, a prologue I had never planned on and a denouement.  If I can work up a movement a week, I should be able to complete the story by the end of January or the first week of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment