Thursday, September 6, 2012

Monologue


This was a slow night for writing. More like a stopped night. I got groceries, came home, made supper then set down to work, but I couldn't put it into gear. I had wanted to revise "Conservation" some more, but nothing that came to mind sounded any good so I took the liberty of reading some Zamyatin and then some Doyle. Woke up about twenty minutes ago. I think perhaps my brain needs a break.

I've been thinking about what else I can do with this blog, instead of just filling it up with idle chit chat (which no one reads; so sad!)  I see a lot of people using their blogs for book reviews, which is great for them, but I'm not such a fan of them myself.  Then it occurred to me that I could write discussions (more like monologues, 'cause again, no readers) that look at themes or ideas within the story. 

I guess I don't have to restrict myself to fiction; there are tons of tech and science articles written each year, any one of which could act as the jumping off point for a monologue.  Maybe even a new story...

No comments:

Post a Comment