Monday, February 27, 2012

Cool Water

Between driving my sister around town and helping her get her place ready for the delivery of a new bed, I spent a lot of time over the weekend working on a story called Cool Water.  It features Charlotte and a small cast of characters I had never worked with before.  The plot outline complete in ten parts and now I'm working on writing the story.  While I'm still not 100% satisfied with the entire plot I am going ahead with it as is and work on rewrites when the rough draft is complete.  I have to break the bad habit of getting mired down in the details before getting anything done.

The story revolves around a scheme by TranSolar Private Inquiries to lure Charlotte away from the relative safety of Cool Water, New Mexico under the pretext of acting as a wilderness guide for a government water diviner.  The town's greedy mayor, Gillingham, is bribed into facilitating an introduction.  Agents who have been pursuing Charlotte for many years without success are waiting in the desert to take her into custody and return her to the xeno-biology laboratory where she was created, but they themselves have been infiltrated by a darker force that has a greater motive to see Charlotte utterly destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment